Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Ireland '16 - Other Shorter Walks

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Ireland '16 - Other Shorter Walks
May 18, 2016 08:58PM
We did a few other shorter hikes while in Ireland. Here are some pictures from them:

Muckross Lake

Ross Castle and Island

Kenmare Road

Gap of Dunloe

True story: we learned a few days later while climbing Carrauntoohil the second time that apparently this cottage is very popular among photographers. I didn't know this when we were in Black Valley so all I got were a few zoom shots from a fair distance away...
Black Valley
Re: Ireland '16 - Other Shorter Walks
May 18, 2016 10:04PM
Freaking road walks...

Gap of Dunloe is very pretty. But it's not fun walking on a single-lane two-way road with cars, motorcycles, bicycles and jaunty cars (single-horse-drawn carriages ferrying tourists who don't want to walk). I found it perpetually alternating wildly between peaceful and stressful!

The Black Valley walk by comparison was much more serene.

The old Kenmare walk to a cascade was serene and idyllic, until a school group of 30+ kids poured over the crest down to our intended rest stop. On single track boardwalk over bog. We flew up a rock outcropping, waited for them to pass and immediately headed back towards home.

And that's where I wanted to be.. Home in Yosemite. Last weekend, the first weekend after returning from Ireland, we had a most serene, idyllic, peaceful experience with several dear friends. So glad to be home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login