All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 22, 2007 04:11PM
It snowed on the Valley floor today. Wish I'd been there to take pictures.

Re: Got some snow
February 23, 2007 03:27PM
I'm thinking the high country must have gotten a ton of it. We got a lot at Tahoe.
February 24, 2007 11:16AM
March 03, 2007 05:29PM
Tuolumne got 55" of new snow during the last week of February.

March 06, 2007 01:12PM
Followed the progress of the storm in NWS discussions during the few days before it arrived and noted it would likely be the best chance this winter for one of those rare days of heavy snow on the valley floor with low low snow levels. Thus drove into the valley Tuesday midday after a foot or so had just fallen overnight with the first front then while tented at Camp 4, enjoyed the second front Tuesday night that added 7 more inches of really light fluff. Wednesday morning was quite a wonderful experience. Then Thursday morning with the clouds finally clearing, broke camp at dawn in 18F degree temps. But given the higher sun altitude now in March, by Thursday afternoon the full Northside Drive was ice and snow free while slush just remained in usual spots on the Southside Drive. My snowshoes got a good workout. I managed a few nice images with my view camera including the one on the below link along the Merced River reflecting heavily snow laden trees.

http://www.davidsenesac.com/_a-z_evad/merced_snow.jpg

...David

Post Edited (03-06-07 15:13)

http://www.davidsenesac.com
March 06, 2007 03:59PM
Having any trouble getting sheet film processed?

March 07, 2007 08:29PM
eeek >>>"Having any trouble getting sheet film processed?"

No never here in the SF Bay Area. I've used one of the best pro labs for many years.

http://www.davidsenesac.com
March 08, 2007 05:02AM
The labs I've been using down here have been either vanishing or dropping their E6 lines.

March 17, 2007 10:38PM
A STORM SYSTEM WILL MOVE INTO THE SIERRA LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY USHERING IN MUCH COLDER AIR. TAHOE BASIN AND WESTERN NEVADA VALLEY LOCATIONS THAT HAD RECORD HIGHS FROM 70 TO 80 DEGREES TODAY WILL SEE TEMPERATURES THAT ARE 20 TO 30 DEGREES COLDER BY WEDNESDAY. SNOW WILL BEGIN IN THE SIERRA LATE MONDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO TUESDAY FROM TAHOE NORTH. SNOW WILL THEN SPREAD FROM TAHOE SOUTH INTO MONO COUNTY TUESDAY BEFORE DIMINISHING TO SHOWERS TUESDAY NIGHT. SNOW LEVELS WILL DROP DRAMATICALLY TUESDAY AS A STRONG COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE AREA. SNOW LEVELS IN THE SIERRA WILL RANGE FROM 6000 TO 7000 FEET EARLY TUESDAY AND WILL DROP BELOW LAKE LEVEL AND TO VALLEY FLOORS OF WESTERN NEVADA BY TUESDAY EVENING. AT THIS TIME SNOW TOTALS IN THE SIERRA ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 3 TO 8 INCHES WITH 1 TO 3 INCHES POSSIBLE TUESDAY AT LAKE LEVEL. THE SNOW WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO BEGIN STICKING ON RELATIVELY WARM ROADS IN THE SIERRA BUT TRAVELERS SHOULD EXPECT CONDITIONS TO DETERIORATE TUESDAY AS COLDER AIR MOVES INTO THE REGION. PERSONS IN NORTHEAST CALIFORNIA AND WESTERN NEVADA ARE ENCOURAGED TO STAY ABREAST OF THE LATEST FORECASTS WITH THIS APPROACHING SPRING STORM.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login