Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bear Country Recommendations, again

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Bear Country Recommendations, again
July 05, 2009 09:25PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-10832-Billings-Sightseeing-Examiner~y2009m7d2-Safe-Travel-in-Bear-Country

“There is an old Native American saying, "If a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle saw it. The deer heard it. The bear smelled it." This is the crux of what we will be covering in this article when we talk about bears and bear safety and that is the one crucial, pivotal point that we will always return to regarding bears: bear attractants. Bears are attracted by food smells, chemical odors and even unfamiliar odors. …”

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 09:26PM by Frank Furter.
avatar Re: Bear Country Recommendations, again
July 05, 2009 09:30PM
I hope you saw a bear up close once.

Then you see, sense, and stop quoting others.
July 05, 2009 10:58PM
Vince
I hope you saw a bear up close once.

I've been up close with black bears many, many times, Vince. What's your point?
July 06, 2009 02:32PM
Did see some black bears this past week. One was very strange looking with long grey hair. I have never seen that color before. And no, it was not an opossum. Camera battery dead unfortunately.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login