Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Missing Hiker: Joshua David Gunther

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Missing Hiker: Joshua David Gunther
July 08, 2009 01:44PM
34 years old, 5’ 11”, 190 pounds; short spiky brown hair, brown eyes; unknown clothing.

Joshua got a wilderness permit to enter the Yosemite backcountry via the Ostrander Lake Trailhead on Saturday, June 27, 2009. He was due out at the same trailhead on Sunday, July 5th. Joshua did not report to work on July 6th or July 7th and is possibly still in the Yosemite area. Joshua may be driving a 2000 Nissan, California license plate # 8D15054.

Anyone who was hiking in this area since June 27th, or with any information that can help find Joshua, please call Yosemite National Park any time at (209) 379-1992.
avatar Re: Missing Hiker: Joshua David Gunther
July 15, 2009 06:02PM
Any update on this guy?

(99.9999% of people that get an Ostrander permit do not get one for 9 days
so that is a bit concerning...)
July 15, 2009 06:05PM
bill-e-g
Any update on this guy?

I haven't seen anything.
July 18, 2009 01:38PM
Is it this guy? If so, looks like he is home posting on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/joshuadavidgunth
July 18, 2009 02:52PM
How bizzare...now for the rest of the story???
July 19, 2009 09:46PM
There was a flyer on this guy at the Ranger Station/Wilderness Center in Wawona.
I asked about him and they had no further update. Said his car was maybe at trailhead
and is not there now. The guy said if I saw him to report back or something like that.
It provided me some amusement just for the fact that I wondered if they got their
detective rings from a Cracker Jack Box.

An another note. When I got my permit Friday the "helper" guy says to me after I
told him that I've gotten probably 100 permits in Yosemite... "so you know we don't
us the permit to conduct a search?" I really wish I was more quick thinking cause
I shoulda just said... "no worries, I'll just call on my cell phone".

Anyway... I think this guy is fine and well and probably wondering why he got a permit
for 9 days to go to Ostrander.
July 19, 2009 10:56PM
This reads like Keystone Kops: They don't know if he is still missing, and he does not check in to report he's NOT missing (SOMEbody had to have mentioned it to him by now) It's the sort of rubbish that causes complacency when there is REAL trouble.
Re: Missing Hiker
May 25, 2015 05:24PM
Will the Webmaster / Admin please delete this entire Topic / Thread and all associated posts.

This incident is not confirmed, and has never been confirmed or proven true.

Besides, it is extremely outdated, contains malinformation / misinformation, and is slanderous in many ways.

Please delete entire Topic / Thread, and completely remove from all backups and archives.
May 25, 2015 05:37PM
At your word? Not a chance.
May 25, 2015 05:58PM
Not sure. Haven't been in that neck of the woods lately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2015 09:15AM by sierrawild.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login