Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Cookware...

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 08, 2018 02:57PM
I am curious to what people are using for their cookware these days. When I first started backpacking, my buddy and I carried an 8 qt stainless steel pot for 13 miles. That was nothing compared to the 2 jars of pizza sauce and premade pizza crusts along with a stick of salami, 3 lbs of bacon and a couple dozen eggs. There was more in there, but that gives you an idea. This was a part of a 3 day backing trip final for my outdoor education class. We live and we learn. So now I've just gone from an old MSR Dualist set to the Sno Peak Titanium combo cook set.

What are you carrying and how well does it cook pancakes?
February 13, 2018 07:18AM
February 13, 2018 11:41AM
Ahh, I see. Some things are just worth the weight! Two years ago a friend of mine insisted on Rib Eye steaks...so I told him if he wanted them, he could pack them. And he did. One of the best meals I've had while out. After a 12 mile hike in freezing rain, that's not hard to do. Luckily we made it to a campsite with fire rings so we could cook them proper.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login