Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Sequoia High Sierra Camp gets a new chef

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Sequoia High Sierra Camp gets a new chef
July 14, 2009 06:06PM
It is the quintessential California mix of backcountry adventure and high style: the High Sierra Camp in Sequoia-Kings Canyon National Parks. The camp announced earlier this month a new executive chef has joined the staff, adding a little buzz to the already in-demand summer experience.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2349-LA-Adventure-Travel-Examiner~y2009m7d14-Sequoia-High-Sierra-Camp-gets-a-new-chef
Re: Sequoia High Sierra Camp gets a new chef
July 15, 2009 12:23AM
I had a wonderful experience near the camp last year. The night sky was gorgeous and the breakfast I had was healthy and organic. The best part was that it didn't cost me more than a tank of gas, the entrance fee and the cost of the food. That's because I stayed at Buck Meadow Campground off Big Meadow Road. I guess I could have spent 500 dollars for a tent cabin, and bacon and eggs. But I don't have that kind of money and besides when you can have a better experience for practically free down the road, why would you want to spend so much? As P.T. Barnum used to say, there's a sucker born every minute! Just google the reviews on the place to see why.
avatar Re: Sequoia High Sierra Camp gets a new chef
July 15, 2009 08:08AM
When I first saw this I just said. Ok, this has to be Bearpaw Meadow HSC.
Cause that's the only one I know of in SEKI.

But hey, it's close...
If you click on the link they tell you it's really in Sequioa National Monument.

If they want to offer the 12 miler from Lodgepole they might just as well tell you
about the Don Cecil Trail.

I've been asked about this sort of stuff (HSC's) in SEKI so it's good info.
July 15, 2009 08:15AM
Aren't there seven HSCs in SEKI too?

Old Dude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2009 08:15AM by mrcondron.
July 15, 2009 08:30AM
mrcondron
Aren't there seven HSCs in SEKI too?

Sorry. Fortunately they only built one in SEKI.

(IMO the damage the HSCs do far outweighs the good)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login