Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Eastern Sierra wide open!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Eastern Sierra wide open!
March 18, 2007 02:20PM
Most roads in the Eastern Sierra are wide open up to about 9000 ft. I had no problem reaching Upper Twin Lake west of Bridgeport, the snow takes over about 5 miles east of Conway Summit about a half mile east of Virginia Lakes, and the road to Bodie has absolutely no snow on it whatsoever.

I don't know what this latest storm will do but I don't think it'll affect conditions for too long, next weekend should be just as dry at was on St. Patrick's day.

I'm working on my Saturday photos, more later.
Re: Eastern Sierra wide open!
March 19, 2007 10:36AM
According to Caltrans Hwy 89 over Monitor Pass is already open. The storm will probably close it again temporarily.
avatar Re: Eastern Sierra wide open!
March 19, 2007 05:16PM
Take a look at the Tioga cam. There's a road sign in the picture that hardly looks buried in snow in the least. Last year at this time it was probably invisible.

avatar Re: Eastern Sierra wide open!
March 29, 2007 12:41PM
I heard a rumor that Caltrans is predicting they'll have the road open up to Ellery Lake by April 15th. Sure isn't like last year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login