Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Seeking company for last week in September?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Seeking company for last week in September?
August 21, 2009 04:02AM
Hi,

I'm looking for someone or a group of people going to Yosemite during the last week in September
which I would like to join. I'm a German student and will be in CA. I'd like to spent a couple of
days in the park, but think this won't be advisable alone. Or is it?
If anyone is interested in joining for a trip or one what's a good place to search for company, I'm
glad for the advice.

Thanks
avatar Re: Seeking company for last week in September?
August 21, 2009 05:16AM
agent27
I'd like to spent a couple of days in the park, but think this won't be advisable alone. Or is it?

For the basic tourist who wants to see the sights, I would suspect that the Yosemite is safer than any big city in the US.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
August 21, 2009 08:35AM
If you have a car then two days just driving to places and looking at things will use all the time of the two days.
Things to see:
Valley Floor (can take an entire day)
Hetch Hetchy
Mariposa Grove
Museum at Wawona
Glacier Point Road
Drive across Highway 120 to the park east boundary
Tuolumne Meadows

If you do take a driving tour be sure to have a list of places to stop, get out of the car, and either spend some time looking or take a short walk to the best view spot.

You will get a lot more info soon.

Old Dude
Re: Seeking company for last week in September?
August 23, 2009 10:31AM
mrcondron
If you have a car then two days just driving to places and looking at things will use all the time of the two days.
Things to see:
Valley Floor (can take an entire day)
Hetch Hetchy
Mariposa Grove
Museum at Wawona
Glacier Point Road
Drive across Highway 120 to the park east boundary
Tuolumne Meadows

If you do take a driving tour be sure to have a list of places to stop, get out of the car, and either spend some time looking or take a short walk to the best view spot.

You will get a lot more info soon.

For just a short trip to Yosemite I would eliminate Hetch Hetchy.....And unless you are coming in or out on hwy 41, skip Wawona. Just my opinion based on the amount of time you will have.
August 25, 2009 05:10PM
I know it is very pedestrian but if you have a limited amount of time you might consider taking the shuttle around the park. You can get off and on anytime you want; and in some ways it is more convenient than driving. I did it one time after I finished a job there and found it kind of fun; also you don’t have to keep an eye on the traffic while you are looking at all the wonders. The Ranger points out things and gives a history of the park. It’s a pretty good bang for the buck if you are pressed for time. Besides, you might get to meet some pretty interesting people. I was sitting next to a guy from Norway; he must have studied all the books and pamphlets because he knew more about the park than I did and I’ve been lurking around there most of my life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2009 05:11PM by Bee'sFrog.
Re: Seeking company for last week in September?
August 27, 2009 01:23PM
Thanks for all the advice and encouragement.
I'll definitely will go to Yosemite.
Many thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login