Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Re: Eichorn Pinnacle

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 26, 2007 07:09PM
can anyone tell me where in Yosemite this is? i have a hobby of watching rock climbers through a powerful spotting scope and would love to check this place out.

oh yeah, also Lost-Arrow-Spire.

i'm used to being in the valley itself (El Capitan) and don't know where these two other places are... i'm coming in from hwy 120 if anyone can give me directions.

thanks a ton
April 26, 2007 11:00PM
The Lost Arrow Spire is a little east of Yosemite Falls and very close to BM6936. If you hike east of Yosemite Creek across the footbridge and up to Yosemite Point you can get to BM6936. You should be able to see the top of Lost Arrow from there.

Eichorn is on Cathedral Peak.

Old Dude
April 27, 2007 02:28PM
Mike;

i have a large spotting scope that is the size of a decent size telescope.. would i be able to drive and then walk to this area without it being a pain in the butt carrying the spotting scope?

btw, what is BM693?
April 27, 2007 04:09PM
forrestranger wrote:

> btw, what is BM693?

BM=Bench Mark. Here's the one he's talking about:

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=37.75633&lon=-119.59233&s=24&size=l&u=4&datum=nad27&layer=DRG

April 27, 2007 09:59PM
You should be able to find a spot in Yosemite Village that will give a view of Lost Arrow but you won't be able to see people on the rim or on the top of the pinnacle.

Old Dude
April 28, 2007 09:15AM
Benchmark hunting is a hobby in itself. There are several atop Mt Whitney and along the whitney trail. Havent seen one atop half dome yet, though
Re: Eichorn Pinnacle
June 17, 2007 07:24AM
I saw this picture of Lost Arrow on Flickr today (it's marked with a note) so I thought I'd share the visual:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotpi/558328655/in/pool-usnationalparks/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login