Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Deputy shoots, kills bear near SoCal forest

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Deputy shoots, kills bear near SoCal forest
August 23, 2009 04:00PM
avatar Re: Deputy shoots, kills bear near SoCal forest
August 23, 2009 04:06PM
The bear, known by some San Antonio Heights residents as "Boo Boo," was shot and killed by a San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputy on the Upland side of 24th Street around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.insidesocal.com/uplandnow/2009/07/rip-the-san-antonio-heights-be.html
September 04, 2009 10:02AM
Sigh.

Humans can be so simple minded. Violence is almost always the first, last, and only option that pops into their minds. We put our houses right up next to their homes and habitats, then it's their fault when they wander the wrong direction. I just can't agree with doing this.
Re: Deputy shoots, kills bear near SoCal forest
September 04, 2009 01:47PM
Dr_Watso
Sigh.

Humans can be so simple minded. Violence is almost always the first, last, and only option that pops into their minds. We put our houses right up next to their homes and habitats, then it's their fault when they wander the wrong direction. I just can't agree with doing this.

Hear hear! Proof is everywhere like flypoop.
September 04, 2009 06:23PM
You can pre-sigh on this one...

but...

I wonder if the bear was just coming over for some Krispie Kreme's?
(from the article the deputy shot the bear because it was "coming at him"winking smiley
(yeah... right)
September 05, 2009 09:27AM
Yea, it was "coming at him" by the deputy's memory. Of course, everyone else saw him chasing the poor bear in his squad car and heard it screaming in pain as he ran. Dogs and bears are of the same evolutionary line, and both are rather smart. He knew what was going on as he was gunned down.
September 04, 2009 06:36PM
I think you'll find, with the big fires down there, many animals are going to appear that the city slickers haven't seen before.

No reason to panic and bring out the pistol. Many better uses for that.
December 17, 2009 08:20PM
Vince
No reason to panic and bring out the pistol. Many better uses for that.

More to the point: there's no reason for a cop to start firing away in a residential area just because a bear caused him to soil his pants!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login