All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Reverse Angle or Back-in Parking
August 26, 2009 03:20PM
(I think this falls under into the miscellaneous travel topics category or the "small town pothole report" category)

This is probably one of those things only an engineer can appreciate. It reminds me of the change to charging toll on one direction of the bridge-- why didn't we think of that before? Reverse angle parking improves visibility for those pulling out angle parking and possibly reduces obstruction of the street. Couple of cities in California have this arrangement. First I have heard of this in Montana.

http://www.missoulian.com/news/local/article_8dcc8150-91fd-11de-bdd0-001cc4c002e0.html

reverse-angle parking info
http://lda.ucdavis.edu/LDA191/Course%20Handouts%20&%20Readings/05-Back_in_Diagonal_Parking.pdf

We are thinking of getting some of those new-fangled three color stoplights also.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Reverse Angle or Back-in Parking
August 26, 2009 03:25PM
Beats parallel parking!
August 26, 2009 03:28PM
Vince
Beats parallel parking!

Just about anything would be parallel parking a Bronco.
August 26, 2009 04:24PM
Frank Furter
We are thinking of getting some of those new-fangled three color stoplights also.

What color are the three lamps on the current ones?
August 26, 2009 04:31PM
Traffic lights with three colors???
Actually, there is a town in Montana (Phillipsburg in Granite county) that boasts having the only stoplight in the county-- and it only is a flashing red light!

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
August 26, 2009 04:54PM
Actually, the Bronco is very easy to parallel park, much more so than the Mustang, which has a really terrible turning radius and bad brakes.
August 27, 2009 01:27PM
Vince,

I thought the bronco died. Apparently it was not terminal.

Jim
August 27, 2009 02:16PM
tomdisco
I thought the bronco died.

It did... but it got better.
[Credit to Hawkeye Pierce, MASH 4077]
August 27, 2009 04:42PM
szalkowski
tomdisco
I thought the bronco died.

It did... but it got better.
[Credit to Hawkeye Pierce, MASH 4077]

I didn't know Hawkeye Pierce repaired trucks, just stole them. Remember in the original movie when Hawkeye leaves, the camp CO asks Radar if Hawkeye just stole that jeep he left in. Radar said, "No sir, that's the same one he arrived in".

Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login