Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: I think I've run out of summer

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar I think I've run out of summer
August 29, 2009 11:48PM
NO I AM NOT THIS FAT, it's an extra jacket stowed just in case. Taken in Dec. 2008 just before I moved to Reno from San Diego. Northstar-At-Tahoe (Mount Pluto, the volcano that created Lake Tahoe)

http://hikeofyourlife.com/images/triciavincenorthstar20051218.JPG

I've actually lost weight since then, too.

That's my lil sis, btw.

August 30, 2009 08:14PM
Thanks, it is very refreshing to see snow. It was 97 yesterday at my house in San Diego. And very humid too. The "monsoonal flow" pattern. The last 4 days have been hot muggy and yucky. I can't wait for fall.
avatar Re: I think I've run out of summer
August 31, 2009 12:28PM
Bob Weaver
Thanks, it is very refreshing to see snow. It was 97 yesterday at my house in San Diego. And very humid too. The "monsoonal flow" pattern. The last 4 days have been hot muggy and yucky. I can't wait for fall.

Seasons seem to change at just the right time, don't they?

I'm from San Diego, was born at Scripps, lived in Clairemont till I was 2, then San Carlos till age 11, then Crest till age 30, then Boulevard till age 45, and now Sparks NV.
Anonymous User
September 01, 2009 09:08PM
That picture looks like the same person who posted a picture of himself on top of Mt. Whitney Summitl Hmmm, maybe it was really you.
September 01, 2009 09:53PM
Richard P
That picture looks like the same person who posted a picture of himself on top of Mt. Whitney Summitl Hmmm, maybe it was really you.

Oh, puh-leeeeze let's not infect this thread, too! no, stop, enough!

(Vince's Fan Club has finally settled down)
Anonymous User
September 01, 2009 11:05PM
Not sure I know what "infect this thread" means, or what "Vince's Fan Club means". Could you please explain both of those terms to me, a newcomer to this site.
September 01, 2009 11:23PM
Richard P
Not sure I know what "infect this thread" means, or what "Vince's Fan Club means". Could you please explain both of those terms to me, a newcomer to this site.

"Infect this thread" means that the mere mention of "Whitney" in the presence of "Vince" activates (like a virus) "Vince's Fan Club" -- a group of people who have been around a lot longer than I have -- and they have a huge axe to grind with Vince (about Whitney) and a whole lot of blocked posts soon follow...
Anonymous User
September 01, 2009 11:31PM
Now I am really confused. Vince seems to be one of the most prolific posters on this message board. Am I to understand that he can begin a thread about Whitney, as he has recently, but no one is allowed to respond?

Why this Vince worship and protection on this message board?
September 02, 2009 08:36AM
Richard P

People coming over from the Whitney Board for the specific purpose of harrassing Vincie, rather than making an actual contribution to this forum, are members of "Vince's Fan Club."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 08:42AM by szalkowski.
September 01, 2009 11:39PM
Ummm...well, I for one do not worship Vince (there are a lot of people giggling right now, because I have not always been so nice in the past when it comes to Vince)

While you may notice the title "Moderator" in my space, I can tell you that I am a pinch hitter when the Master Eeek goes outta town...sooo, in short: I have never blocked or removed a message, personally.

I don't believe that the posts about Vince were removed for basic message content, rather, they were removed because we get a lot of families visiting the board and Master Eeek likes to keep a certain standard. (there are many ways to make a point)

For the most part, Vince is an instigator for the sake of being a pain in the ass butt, and I suppose some people find it entertaining....not!!!! (I have relatives who do a MUCH better job)

B
Anonymous User
September 01, 2009 11:43PM
Thank you for taking the time to explain a little bit about Vince to me, but I still don't understand the Vince-Whitney connection/conflict. I have been up Whitney more times than I can count (literally, I spent some time trying to count, but I am nowhere near accurate), so Whitney is a very important subject to me. What is Vince's problem regarding Whitney?
September 01, 2009 11:51PM
Richard P
Thank you for taking the time to explain a little bit about Vince to me, but I still don't understand the Vince-Whitney connection/conflict. I have been up Whitney more times than I can count (literally, I spent some time trying to count, but I am nowhere near accurate), so Whitney is a very important subject to me. What is Vince's problem regarding Whitney?

Your question regarding Vince/Whitney is the one thing that I still don't understand after about 7 months on this board. If it were me, (listening,VINCE??), I would just post that picture of myself standing next to the Whitney Hut and dispel all suspicion/doubt as to whether I had been there or not.

B

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2009 11:52PM by Bee.
Anonymous User
September 01, 2009 11:53PM
Bee - you seem like a real straight shooter and I appreciate you taking the time to explain a few things to me.

Are you referring to Vince's "summit" pic he posted on the Whitney Board several years ago? The picture my 3rd grade Niece could have done a better job Photoshopping? Is that what this is all about?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 12:12AM by Richard P.
September 02, 2009 08:39AM
Richard P
I have been up Whitney more times than I can count (literally, I spent some time trying to count, but I am nowhere near accurate), so Whitney is a very important subject to me.

Perhaps you could ask your third grade niece to assist you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 08:54AM by szalkowski.
Anonymous User
September 02, 2009 09:56AM
What was that for?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 09:58AM by Richard P.
September 02, 2009 09:31AM
The PROPeller came off of my VFC Propeller hat.
Still waiting for the replacement to come in the mail.

Vince Fan Club GPG
September 02, 2009 11:00AM
You can tell by the look on my face (this was in 2005) I had a difficult time getting there. I'm not a very good hiker to begin with and for sure not up at high altitude. But at least I made it twice up there and no one can take that away from me.

P.S. took a little radio up there and listened to KNYE out of Pahrump for about 20 minutes before heading back down.

Anonymous User
September 02, 2009 01:51PM
Vince - How tall are you? I noticed in your other pic your little sis appears to be a little taller than you. How tall are you?

The picture you took of yourself that you used in this pic was taken when you were standing on flat ground. Your foot position and leg position indicate that.

Position that pic on top of some uneven rocks by the Hut, and you look like you are about to tip over. And if you tip over you might crush the Hut because you look tall enough to reach the roof with your head.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 02:04PM by Richard P.
September 02, 2009 02:13PM
Richard P
Vince - How tall are you? I noticed in your other pic your little sis appears to be a little taller than you. How tall are you?

The picture you took of yourself that you used in this pic was taken when you were standing on flat ground. Your foot position and leg position indicate that.

Position that pic on top of some uneven rocks by the Hut, and you look like you are about to tip over. And if you tip over you might crush the Hut because you look tall enough to reach the roof with your head.

No accounting for wide-angle lenses. Yes I was about to tip over, plus I was smiling when I set the camera timer, I thought it had taken the picture, then found out when I got home it had snapped the photo after I stopped smiling and was about to step back toward the camera. Perhaps your memory isn't clear on how large the summit hut is?

I did post this shortly after the hike: http://www.whitneyportalstore.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=1&Number=20553&Searchpage=1&Main=2833&Words=beady+eyes+Hike+of+your+Life&topic=0&Search=true#Post20553

I'm done with this subject, I have nothing more to prove. I was there as were many others. I'll post more photos on the other side since they fit there better and I'm sorry I didn't post them sooner but I had other things to worry about in the months and years since. Cya.
Anonymous User
September 02, 2009 02:26PM
The summit Hut Roof is definitely a couple of feet taller than you. But not in your picture. You positioned yourself in the picture right next to the Summit Hut, that was your mistake. Had you positioned yourself before the Hut, it which might have explained you being almost as tall as it is.. You made a mistake in your perspective.

Your left hiking pole seems to be a little lower in your hand, all the adjustment bands on it seem to line up with the right one, until you reach the very bottom of the right one where you had to extend the tip with modern Photoshop technology to make it fit into the deeper area in the picture you transposed it onto.

This is not the same pic you posted on the Whitney Board several years ago. Your Photoshop skills are better than before, that other pic was laughable, but this one is still fairly obvious even to an unskilled observer.

As to your fictitious trip report, it s a compilation of snippets made from numerous actual trip reports. Your skills there are no better than your Photoshop skills are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 02:36PM by Richard P.
September 02, 2009 02:36PM
Well, done until you read this one. Who keeps the NPS register records from the summit hut?

http://www.hikeofyourlife.com/images/IMG_1079.JPG
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.