Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Housekeeping Camp

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Housekeeping Camp
April 30, 2007 03:54AM
Hi, I found your forum about a week ago and am amazed at the wealth of info here! I have a problem... My daughter's friend is being deployed to Iraq very soon and we wanted to be able to share Yosemite with him before he leaves. We normally go to Tuolumne every year, but it's too early in the season to get up there, so we were going to try an intro to the valley and it's beauty instead. The trip we are planning is a thunder run from Phoenix, AZ for 2 days/nights and I was wondering if you can walk in to Housekeeping Camp (yikes!) this early (between May 12 and May 17 sometime) without a reservation, or should I book a whole week and eat the cost just to make sure we get a spot? We really want to get him there. I haven't stayed in the valley for ages and am out of touch. Any suggestions?
April 30, 2007 07:33AM
I don't know about housekeeping camp - they are usually fairly popular - but there are usually a few tent cabins available at Curry Village. I'd give them a call.

Bruce Jensen

Wilderness forever,
Bruce Jensen
April 30, 2007 12:06PM
I think the cancellation policy is 7 days...
April 30, 2007 04:30PM
Housekeeping camps are pretty much always booked up weekends in May thorugh the summer. We're going there that weekend (May 11th & 12th) and made reservations 3 months back.

But I just checked and there are housekeeping sites available starting Sunday May13th, and tent cabins are available for May 12 onward.

You'll at at least be able to walk in for a tent cabin, and if you shoot for May 13th, I bet you can even get a housekeeping walkin. Weekdays in May are generally easier.
May 01, 2007 01:28AM
Thanks for the info. I wanted to book a site at Housekeeping Camp, but just couldn't nail down any dates that were definite. I figure that if we are not picky about where we sleep (can't see the beauty through our eyelids) we will probably find something as walk ins since we plan on arriving on a Mon., Tues. or Wed. morning by about six a.m. and scoping out possibilities. Again, great site with wonderful, helpful members. Thanks for keeping me abreast of all the things going on at my favorite place on earth. I dream of Yosemite when it's 118 degrees outside my front door.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login