Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Yellowstone Area: Bear Awareness Week Sept 6-13

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Yellowstone Area: Bear Awareness Week Sept 6-13
September 06, 2009 03:30PM
Anyone visiting northern Yellowstone next week may be interested in the activities associated with Bear Awareness Week in Gardiner, Mt.:
http://www.bearcreekcouncil.org/events/bear-awareness-week

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Yellowstone Area: Bear Awareness Week Sept 6-13
September 06, 2009 03:41PM
Bear awareness? They're making bears more aware of ice chests? Or is it a bunch of nudists that can't spell?
September 06, 2009 04:01PM
eeek
Bear awareness? They're making bears more aware of ice chests? Or is it a bunch of nudists that can't spell?

There is an RSS community newsletter dealing with Gardiner events and "bear sightings" have been quite frequent, more than I remember in past years. No bare sightings to my knowledge, but I am always looking. Example of the recent newsletter:
http://www.gardinerchamber.com/newsletter/20090902.pdf

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
September 06, 2009 03:50PM
What bears?
September 06, 2009 05:54PM
Looks like somebody because aware suddenly:

September 06, 2009 06:56PM
I have never seen a tagged bear in person. But them's been in Kings Canyon (Don Cecil Trail) and Mineral King (everywhere) and Devils Postpile (around Minaret Falls and Pumice Flat)

If you see a tagged bear, well, it's going after your loaf just before it's euthanized
September 07, 2009 01:45AM
Vince
I have never seen a tagged bear in person.

Don't get out much?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login