Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Rattlers and Deer Ticks and Bears, Oh My

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Rattlers and Deer Ticks and Bears, Oh My
September 15, 2009 06:44PM
I met Sasquatch this summer. He looked like Rod Stewart’s bulky brother. The hair on his back was spiky, with blond tips. That’s how close he was to the trail. He should have been wearing a bumper sticker: If you can see my roots you’re too close.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/columns/rattlers-and-deer-ticks-and-bears-oh-my,215535/
avatar Re: Rattlers and Deer Ticks and Bears, Oh My
September 15, 2009 08:59PM
Several years ago I had a tick bite that developed that classic bulls eye red ring. Had myself tested for Lyme disease and the results were negative. The bulls eye is apparently not always a sign for Lyme disease.

Jim
September 15, 2009 09:16PM
Fairly interesting article. Erythema migrans may or may not occur and is not necessarily associated with the location of the bite, I believe.

http://sagehen.ucnrs.org/Documents/visitors/vectors/lyme.pdf

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
Re: Rattlers and Deer Ticks and Bears, Oh My
September 15, 2009 09:43PM
My infected tick bite gave me a huge rash sans bulls eye - got the same meds as for Lyme, anyway, as it's apparently useful in wiping out other infections as well. Also got a big shot of some other antibiotic I can't remember in addition to the prescription.

Useful tidbit - the antibiotic to treat Lyme is on the four dollar list at Walmart, so if you don't have medical insurance it's still accessible with a scrip from a doctor.
September 16, 2009 02:02AM
But the doctor visit is about to be prescripted
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login