Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Re: Buck Meadows Restaurant

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 16, 2009 06:49AM
Anyone driving into the park via 120 from the West.

PJs in Groveland has taken a nosedive. Just terrible the last time we went there.
We used to stop there all the time before it changed owners.

We now are eating at Buck Meadows.
The burgers were decent...
but I HIGHLY recommend the Ruben Sandwich.
(next time I may try to get MORE sauerkraut)

Feed ME!
avatar Re: Buck Meadows Restaurant
September 17, 2009 08:21PM
Years ago this restaurant had the famous "Buck Burger" which my brother in law and I would eat on the way home from a backpacking trip. Over time the quality took a dive and we stopped eating there and started eating at Mountain Mike's just west of the 120/108 junction. It closed when Mountain Mike died. (It's now a "Gentlemen's Club complete with Girls Girls Girls) We started using PJ's in Groveland and did so for many years. PJ's dove when the owners retired and the new owner cut the experienced staff and left the service to very young people that didn't get the whole service thing. We took a chance on the Buck Meadows Restaurant earlier this year and have had mostly very good results. There was one night when the staff was overwhelmed and the food was slow to come out. The last several times though everything has been very good. Wide menu and the adult beverage list is fairly decent.

Old Dude
Re: Buck Meadows Restaurant
September 18, 2009 11:55AM
The former 49er Restaurant moved to the Buck Meadows Restaurant site this season. The old
Buck Meadows Restaurant closed several years ago. Last year it was a BBQ restaurant.

For anyone who has not been, the food is good, the portions are large, and the beer is very cold.

Recommended. It's a great place to go after a long hike or backpacking trip.
avatar Re: Buck Meadows Restaurant
September 18, 2009 10:41PM
bill-e-g

(next time I may try to get MORE sauerkraut)

Feed ME!
no, stop, enough!

crying Gas Mask White flag
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login