Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Man Attacked by Coyote in Griffith Park

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Man Attacked by Coyote in Griffith Park
September 18, 2009 04:37PM
GRIFFITH PARK -- Wildlife officials are investigating a report of a man being attacked by a coyote.

The man, who was lying down near the Travel Town area of the park Wednesday night, reported waking up to find a coyote biting his foot.

http://www.ktla.com/ktla-griffith-coyote,0,3002890.story

Admin Edit: Please don't post entire articles. Just an intro and a link will avoid copyright issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 05:14PM by eeek.
avatar Re: Man Attacked by Coyote in Griffith Park
September 18, 2009 04:57PM
Nummie city slicker toe jam
September 18, 2009 05:09PM
http://www.hikeofyourlife.com/media/buzz_the_fuzz.mp3

I'm going to get in trouble posting this, but oh well
September 18, 2009 06:25PM
It seems to me that the writer of the article grossly overstates the character of the incident by calling it an attack.

From the coyote's perspective, he was just checking to see if his find was carry-out carrion.
September 18, 2009 06:43PM
I always keep an eye toward the sky when I stop for a lie down rest. Want to make sure the vultures aren't circling.

Old Dude
September 18, 2009 07:42PM
mrcondron
I always keep an eye toward the sky when I stop for a lie down rest. Want to make sure the vultures aren't circling.

Would those be Chick-on vultures?
September 18, 2009 11:37PM
eeek
mrcondron

Would those be Chick-on vultures?

No, Chick-on just puts rocks in his backpack.

Jim
September 19, 2009 10:32AM
szalkowski
It seems to me that the writer of the article grossly overstates the character of the incident by calling it an attack.

From the coyote's perspective, he was just checking to see if his find was carry-out carrion.

I agree. And unless the man was homeless, not much reason to be sleeping there at night. They killed 7 coyotes in the area as a result. Perhaps rabies was a concern.
September 19, 2009 10:33AM
Admin Edit: Please don't post entire articles. Just an intro and a link will avoid copyright issues.[/quote]

Thanks for the tip!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login