Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Calavaras Big Trees

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 20, 2009 05:25PM
yes, up in Arnold, Ca.

question... i've never camped there, but read that some of the campsites are too close to Hwy 4 (noisy)... and the suggestion was to maybe drive further to a place called Oak Hollow Campground.. is anyone familiar with this area?.. i'm going there with about 8 Boy Scouts and some adult leaders this coming Friday... i know it's a first come first serve campsite, so i plan on getting there early afternoon... any help would be appreciated.
September 20, 2009 08:03PM
Keep going until you get to Markleeville, then keep on going until you pass Carson City, then keep going till you get to Reno, then keep going until you get to Susanville, then at Susanville turn left, go up the hilll, keep going west and northwest till you see the sign that says "Crater Lake" (the California one, not the Oregon one) and watch out for snow.

Seriously, though, I would go up the hill past Calavaras to the Lake Alpine area. Don't waste your time down where other humans are. Watch out for the 8-foot-tall hairy creepy guys tho.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login