Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Another Where Waz I

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 23, 2009 06:30PM
Took this yesterday:
September 23, 2009 06:50PM
I know but I'm not telling.

Jim
September 24, 2009 12:34AM
I don't know where you saw that cougar crossing sign...if I had seen it I most certainly would have stopped and waited for a big kitty to tiptoe past.

IN the mean time, here's a really easy one (click on photo for larger, note the small dam on the upper lake)

September 24, 2009 06:03AM
San Diego Wild Animal Park?
CATalina Island?

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
September 24, 2009 10:01AM
Vince
IN the mean time, here's a really easy one (click on photo for larger, note the small dam on the upper lake)

The Bronco made it the whole 37 km to the Ranger Station?
September 27, 2009 02:57PM
szalkowski
Vince

The Bronco made it the whole 37 km to the Ranger Station?

Since nobody has bit on my milage hint: Mineral King. Franklin Lakes with the Great Western Divide in the background.
September 24, 2009 07:57AM
Driving inside Camp Pendleton, you will see a similar diamond warning sign as you approach dirt track intersections with the main base road... except that the silhouette is that of a tank. Guaranteed to catch your attention, especially knowing that they may be zipping across at around 60 km/hr.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2009 11:47AM by szalkowski.
September 24, 2009 08:44AM
Any number of the dive bars around the SF bay area are full of cougars. I bet this sign was outside a bar.
September 24, 2009 11:16AM
Dr_Watso
Any number of the dive bars around the SF bay area are full of cougars. I bet this sign was outside a bar.

Not even close.
September 27, 2009 06:16PM
Right area...Mineral King...wrong lakes. (I did get your 37 km hint tho...600+turns in the road would've been a good hint, too). I didn't hike south to Franklin Lakes, I hiked east to these lakes and then on up to Sawtooth Pass.
September 28, 2009 12:35AM
Vince
Right area...Mineral King...wrong lakes. (I did get your 37 km hint tho...600+turns in the road would've been a good hint, too). I didn't hike south to Franklin Lakes, I hiked east to these lakes and then on up to Sawtooth Pass.

The hint was for others... I assumed that you knew where you were. Love that 1920s concrete arch bridge along the road.

Have never gone up that trail to Sawtooth Pass, but the view toward Franklin Lakes is virtually an identical twin. (Tulare Peak on the right vs. what what be Mineral Peak in your photo.) Upper Franklin is smaller than Lower Franklin; a lot of Upper Monarch would be hidden behind the ridgeline in the photo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 12:36AM by szalkowski.
September 28, 2009 05:19PM
szalkowski

The hint was for others... I assumed that you knew where you were. Love that 1920s concrete arch bridge along the road.

Have never gone up that trail to Sawtooth Pass, but the view toward Franklin Lakes is virtually an identical twin. (Tulare Peak on the right vs. what what be Mineral Peak in your photo.) Upper Franklin is smaller than Lower Franklin; a lot of Upper Monarch would be hidden behind the ridgeline in the photo.

The "trail" up to Sawtooth Pass is nothing but sand and scree. Miserable and very steep but the view is worth it...you can see Mount Whitney from there and up and down the Great Divide.

Here's the bridge you were talking about.

September 27, 2009 07:23PM
Uncle

Where were you, eeek?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2009 07:24PM by Bee.
September 27, 2009 07:48PM
Bee
Uncle

Where were you, eeek?

South Rim, Grand Canyon National Park
September 27, 2009 10:47PM
We saw the carcass of a elk calf on our coastal hike this weekend (Tomales Point) that was about a week old kill. I casually remembered that calf when we were coming back at dusk.....

B

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2009 10:48PM by Bee.
September 29, 2009 10:10PM
Here's a waterfall. Click for higher res.

This waterfall is not in a national park. However it is just below one, about 4000 feet below one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login