Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mistaking tabby for a mountain lion

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Mistaking tabby for a mountain lion
October 17, 2009 12:19PM
avatar Re: Mistaking tabby for a mountain lion
October 17, 2009 01:25PM
The mistaken shooting of a domestic cat is prompting Redlands police to issue binoculars to officers involved in the hunt for a mountain lion that is believed to have been menacing residential neighborhoods for at least 2½ years.

http://www.cyclingforums.com/archive/index.php/t-80775.html
October 17, 2009 01:51PM
I'm everywhere! I'm everywhere! And I'm nobody's damned house cat.

Jim
October 17, 2009 02:43PM
This reminds me, have we firmly established tomdicso's gender yet? It's the "disco" part that gives me visions of a cougar slinking around some club or another.

Old Dude
October 17, 2009 03:26PM
mrcondron
This reminds me, have we firmly established tomdicso's gender yet? It's the "disco" part that gives me visions of a cougar slinking around some club or another.

Probably wearing a pink leisure suit.
Re: Mistaking tabby for a mountain lion
October 17, 2009 03:52PM
Maybe this is the reason why we keep getting sightings of a black mountain lion or panther in the bay area.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/09/SPOH19550F.DTL

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/13/SPK31436HD.DTL
October 17, 2009 08:02PM
mrcondron

Mike,

I'm afraid the "disco" in tomdisco isn't very exciting. It was originally an achronym for Thomas Distributing Company, an old business name originally created to sell nylon rope to fixed based aviation operators for aircraft tie-downs. I later changed it to Thomas Enterprises to cover a number of ventures. I used my middle name for business because my last name is too difficult for people to remember or spell. I'm stuck with the handle on this web site unless I cancel and start all over again. Sorry to disappoint. I'm one of the last people you would ever see slinking around a night club. Not my scene. Nature is my music.

Jim
October 17, 2009 08:03PM
A likely story.

Old Dude
October 17, 2009 08:40PM
mrcondron
A likely story.

Indeed:

October 18, 2009 09:43AM
Sigh!

Jim
October 18, 2009 10:16AM
Look at Bee's ribbing on the trail to El Cap.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login