Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Recycling Goes From Less Waste to Zero Waste

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Recycling Goes From Less Waste to Zero Waste
October 19, 2009 02:01PM
At Yellowstone National Park, the clear soda cups and white utensils are not your typical cafe-counter garbage. Made of plant-based plastics, they dissolve magically when heated for more than a few minutes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/20/science/earth/20trash.html?_r=1&src=twt&twt=nytimesscience
avatar Re: Recycling Goes From Less Waste to Zero Waste
October 22, 2009 07:04PM
Dissolve into CO2?
avatar Re: Recycling Goes From Less Waste to Zero Waste
October 22, 2009 08:43PM
(Watch this)
When I was a kid all the garbage from the bay area was dumped into the Potato Patch via barge off the Golden Gate. The Dungeness crabs were about two feet across at the carapace because all the garbage was actually food. In the mid fifties pager and plastic packaging led to the dump at Candlestick. Now the crabs barely get to 6".

Old Dude
Re: Recycling Goes From Less Waste to Zero Waste
October 22, 2009 08:59PM
mrcondron
(Watch this)
When I was a kid all the garbage from the bay area was dumped into the Potato Patch via barge off the Golden Gate. The Dungeness crabs were about two feet across at the carapace because all the garbage was actually food. In the mid fifties pager and plastic packaging led to the dump at Candlestick. Now the crabs barely get to 6".

You mean you still have some Dungeness crabs left? After overfishing of all but the tiniest specimens and intrusion by Mittens? I'd say a 6" crab is miracle!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login