All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 28, 2009 07:42PM
Years ago I came down with a very bad case of the flu about 4.5 miles out on a trail. Anybody else had such a "pleasure" in their hiking life?
October 28, 2009 08:17PM
A few weeks ago I got the tell-tale runny nose early in the morning of day one. Cut the day short at 7miles. Hiked out the next day with an unpleasant rhinovirus. Not the flu but was I glad to get to the car. I've thought about what it would be like to be 3-4 days in and get a knock-down bout of flu. No thanks.

Old Dude
October 28, 2009 08:26PM
I had food poisoning about a month ago; it felt close enough to the flu to not matter at the time!

QB
October 28, 2009 08:43PM
Bee
I had food poisoning about a month ago; it felt close enough to the flu to not matter at the time!

The flu I had felt close enough to food poisoning not to matter when it started. The weird thing was I felt very much better when I got to the car; I even managed to eat something on the way home. That was a big mistake. Turned out to be the worst flu I have ever had and that burrito didn't look so good coming back up.
October 28, 2009 08:44PM
So it didn't come out OK in the end.

Old Dude
October 28, 2009 08:45PM
mrcondron
So it didn't come out OK in the end.

No, it came out the wrong end.
Is this thread bait?

Old Dude
Latest in emesis basins (barf bags):

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
October 28, 2009 08:46PM
Looks like it could work as a WAG bag too.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login