Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Conditions in Yosemite Valley

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Conditions in Yosemite Valley
March 24, 2003 09:30AM
<HTML>Hi,

I'll be visiting Yosemite Valley and staying at Curry Village this coming Sunday (May 30th) thru Wednesday (April 2). I'm there for an intensive three-day photography session. I've only been to the Valley once before, briefly, last fall.

What kind of conditions should I expect? Snow on the ground? If so, how deep? What trails will be inaccessible?

Thanks in advance for any insights you can provide.

Warren Agee</HTML>
avatar Re: Conditions in Yosemite Valley
March 24, 2003 01:22PM
<HTML>There should be no snow on the Valley floor. The Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point is closed (due to ice) and the Vernal Falls Mist Trail is also closed.</HTML>

Re: Conditions in Yosemite Valley
March 27, 2003 08:43AM
<HTML>Based on prior weather patterns as compared to this year, do you suppose the trails up to Nevada Falls will be snow free by the end of April? And how about down in the Mariposa groves? We are staying at the Redwoods cabins April 25 - 30.

thanks for any info.</HTML>

sfbriz
March 25, 2003 12:52PM
<HTML>It took me a second before this would compute; Warren, the first poster of this thread made a typo. He obviously means March 30, not May.</HTML>
March 25, 2003 10:16PM
<HTML>You can get to the top of Vernal fall, just a few patches of snow. Upper Yosemite falls trail is open and clear. Trails open and clear: Snow creek, Sierra point (a little bit wet and slippery) good luck and have fun. www.neonfrog.net</HTML>
March 26, 2003 07:20PM
<HTML>Yes yes, I meant March 30th - April 2! That is the second time I've made that typo! Sigh.

Weather forecast so far look good. Clear and sunny. Looking foward to the weekend.

Thanks to all for the tips!

Warren</HTML>
avatar Re: Conditions in Yosemite Valley
March 27, 2003 08:46AM
You can see what the Valley floor looks like at http://www.halfdomecam.com/current_capture.htm

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login