Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Turner Yellowstone Bison Plan Approved

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Yellowstone: Peripatetic Bison May be Adopted by Turner
November 10, 2009 08:13PM
(He owns 50,000??)
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5irBtIjkjxJhVb4pXIiZCQt8ZanTgD9BSVSOO0
Yellowstone bison could go to Turner's Mont. ranch

BILLINGS, Mont. — Dozens of wild bison from Yellowstone National Park would be relocated to a Montana ranch owned by billionaire Ted Turner, under a recommendation made by state and federal officials Tuesday.
The animals were spared from a slaughter program intended to protect Montana's cattle industry from a disease carried by many bison. The plan was to use those animals — considered disease-free — to repopulate public and tribal lands across the West with free-roaming bison.
But after other offers to take the animals fell through or were judged insufficient, state and federal officials said Tuesday that Turner's private ranch was the best option.
A smaller group of eight to 14 bison would go to Guernsey State Park in Wyoming.
Turner already owns about 50,000 bison, most of them domesticated, and his restaurant chain Ted's Montana Grill serves buffalo burgers.....

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Yellowstone: Peripatetic Bison May be Adopted by Turner
November 29, 2009 10:51PM
Re: Yellowstone: Peripatetic Bison May be Adopted by Turner
November 29, 2009 11:09PM
I pursued your hyperlink and read a great deal of the posts. I'm impressed; I haven't seen that high quality of coordinated intelligence in a long time. I might not agree with all of their conclusions, but I certainly respect the seemingly honest statements.
December 01, 2009 11:05AM
Ralph Maughan's Wildlife News often has great discussion.
December 01, 2009 12:30PM
I'm going to guess that Ted Turner is a billionaire because he did deals that made him money.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Turner Yellowstone Bison Plan Approved
December 02, 2009 09:19PM
http://www.missoulian.com/news/state-and-regional/article_bd630064-dfa1-11de-bab0-001cc4c002e0.html

Ted Turner gets OK for Yellowstone bison on his Livingston ranch

BILLINGS - The head of Montana's wildlife agency has signed off on a plan to send 74 bison from Yellowstone National Park to billionaire Ted Turner's private ranch.

Ken McDonald with Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks said Wednesday the animals could be moved by late February....

-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Turner Yellowstone Bison Plan
December 16, 2009 07:17AM
http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/article_0d2757fe-ea46-11de-b7f2-001cc4c002e0.html

Public comments sought on moving 74 bison to Turner ranch
Montana officials are asking for public comment on a plan to move 74 bison from Yellowstone National Park to a private ranch owned by billionaire Ted Turner....

-- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login