All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Trying to get reservation
May 22, 2007 11:27AM
We are going to be hiking half dome and are trying to get a reservation in the valley. Dates would be: June 8-11th.

Would anyone recomend walking up to Camp 4? I dont want to be left without a place to stay before our hike.

avatar Re: Trying to get reservation
May 22, 2007 11:52AM
You're not going to get anything reserved in the valley unless you get lucky and there's a cancellation just before you check. Yosemite is just too popular on summer weekends. If you changed it to June 11-14, you could have your choice of cabins and tent cabins in Curry Village.

Camp 4 is all that's left in the valley, although I hear the climbers can be a little territorial about the place. I understand sometimes they'll refer overflow from Camp 4 to the Valley backpackers' campground behind North Pines. There are are also first-come first-served campgrounds outside of Yosemite Valley.

Re: Trying to get reservation
May 24, 2007 11:35PM
Is there any way to tell on-line which days have cabins available besides actually making a reservation? We will be there the night of the 13th and I'd love to see about getting a cabin, but I have to give the info to some other folks before I actually pay.
May 25, 2007 07:40AM
Moondust wrote:

> Is there any way to tell on-line which days have cabins
> available besides actually making a reservation? We will be
> there the night of the 13th and I'd love to see about getting a
> cabin, but I have to give the info to some other folks before I
> actually pay.

http://www.yosemitepark.com/Reservations.aspx

That's the website for the Delaware North (the authorized park concessionaire). Enter the dates and number of people on the right. It'll take a while to search for available lodging and sometimes it doesn't work well with some web browsers. Right now there seems to be some problem, but it might be fixed in a few hours.

May 25, 2007 09:11AM
See if this works:

https://smsworldbeg.dncinc.com/yosemite/BookingEngine.aspx?&wsi=&rad=6/13/2007&rdd=6/14/2007&rca=2&rcc=0&rcp=

You didn't say how many (they charge extra for more than two), so I entered two.

Re: Trying to get reservation
May 25, 2007 09:52AM
May 25, 2007 10:02AM
RobE wrote:

> Here is a timely article:
>
> http://www.uniondemocrat.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=23540

Yeah - on ReserveAmerica.com and recreation.gov, they have information for NPS sites but haven't been able to handle reservations for at least a week or two.

I've been able to book Memorial Day at a Forest Service campground in the Lake Tahoe area. There should be no problem with reserving USDA Forest Service, BLM, or Army Corp of Engineers campgrounds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login