All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Mammoth to Yosemite Valley via JMT
January 27, 2010 09:16AM
I'm planning a hike from Mammoth to Yosemite Valley sometime in June or July. I know that the YARTS will take you from Yosemite to Mammoth, but don't know too much about Mammoth. Does anyone know about the JMT in Mammoth? Where does it meet and is the Post pile on the trail or near enough for a day hike. How much time to budget for the hike? I figured at least 7 days for the whole thing, with a resupply in Tuolomne Meadows. Any info would be great.
Re: Mammoth to Yosemite Valley via JMT
January 27, 2010 10:35AM
There's a bus that runs from devils postpile down to Mammouth mountain and then you take the biker bus into town. The biker bus is free the other is not. From Mammouth the YARTS bus picks you up near McDonalds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 10:36AM by ggman.
avatar Re: Mammoth to Yosemite Valley via JMT
January 27, 2010 01:12PM
The JMT passes within a stone's throw of the Postpile proper. See the "view map" link near the top of the NPS homepage for the Postpile: http://www.nps.gov/depo/index.htm

My TOPO! mapping shows the route to be approx. 51 miles down to the Happy Isles bridge from near the ranger station at the monument. I'll send a copy of the route's elevation profile to your private email.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2010 02:57PM by szalkowski.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login