All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Los Angeles might require rainwater capture
January 31, 2010 09:18PM
A proposed law would require new homes, larger developments and some redevelopments in Los Angeles to capture and reuse runoff generated in rainstorms.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-rain-barrels1-2010feb01,0,1154413.story
avatar Re: Los Angeles might require rainwater capture
February 01, 2010 02:34PM
They could take lessons from all the good folks in Bermuda; they have been doing that for a very long time.
February 01, 2010 04:47PM
I wish they would charge all those homes that are buried in the wildland-urban interface or overgrown with trees and shrubbery for the fire protections required during the predictable yearly fires in Southern California.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
February 01, 2010 06:06PM
Frank Furter
I wish they would charge all those homes that are buried in the wildland-urban interface or overgrown with trees and shrubbery for the fire protections required during the predictable yearly fires in Southern California.

They have certainly been talking about doing that.
February 01, 2010 06:12PM
I was a little harsh on the poor homeowners. Doubt that the homeowners or developer are solely to blame-- I would bet that the county supervisors and assessors saw dollar signs when the tax base extended to those building sites.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
February 01, 2010 06:19PM
Calculator says the savings comes out to 0.44 cubic feet per second. That should reduce the flow in the polluted LA River to a trickle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login