All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar GOP lawmakers seek to suspend California climate law
February 04, 2010 07:05PM
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Republican lawmakers in California are circulating a ballot initiative backed by business interests that would suspend California's landmark law to cut greenhouse gas emissions, a signature policy of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's tenure.

http://green.yahoo.com/news/ap/20100205/ap_on_bi_ge/us_california_climate_law.html
Re: GOP lawmakers seek to suspend California climate law
February 05, 2010 07:20AM
For heavens sake, lets make things as difficult as possible for businesses, then jobs, then people to live comfortably.

A question: Since you post all of this wonderful environmental hogwash, I have to assume that:
you never ride in a vehicle that isn't solar powered,
your home is completely solar powered (never get electicity from any power grid),
your garden is watered by storm catch (rain barrels, cistern).

Please tell me that you aren't a hypocrite like a lot of the people that flew to Copenhagen in private jets for a global warming orgy.
avatar Re: GOP lawmakers seek to suspend California climate law
February 05, 2010 08:30AM
What I find interesting is how frequently legislators will use some short term issue to undermine a long term benefit.

Should we be eliminating seat belts from cars so that auto manufacturers have a higher profit margin?

How about removing oversight of drug production so that pharmaceutical manufacturers do not have to bother with all that quality control?

What is that about an ounce of prevention.......?

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login