Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Storing my car for a 3 week hike

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Storing my car for a 3 week hike
June 13, 2007 02:00PM
I have my reservation for a wilderness permit on 7/13 to 8/7 from Lyell Canyon. It is all I could get at this late date. I plan to hike to Whitney and get a ride back to Yosemite to pick up my car. I am from Indiana and am coming alone. Can anyone give me advice on where to stay the day before and where to store my car? Thanks for any help you can give an old man retiring a going after his dream, hiking the JMT! Steve
avatar Re: Storing my car for a 3 week hike
June 13, 2007 02:08PM
What kind of night before do you want? Motel? Camping?

You can just leave you car in the parking lot. Make sure it's bear clean though.

June 13, 2007 02:43PM
I was thinking a motel for the last night. Will it be ok to leave the car for 3 weeks or a month? Wow, that would be great. Thank you for your response. I appreciate it. Steve
avatar Re: Storing my car for a 3 week hike
June 13, 2007 05:01PM
There's a motel in Lee Vining and a lot of them at Mammoth. Lee Vining is the closest of course. As long as you aren't leaving your car past October 15th you should be fine in the parking lot. You can let the ranger know when you pick up your permit.

June 13, 2007 06:36PM
Thank you very much. This has been a great help. Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login