Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Miami Mountain Fire Lookout....

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Miami Mountain Fire Lookout....
March 30, 2010 10:19PM
Miami Mountain Fire Lookout is just off of Hwy 49, between Oakhurst and Mariposa. Just about on the county line between Madera and Mariposa counties.

It is staffed entirely by volunteers. I try to do one day a month, but you can do more if you want. You can even spend the night.

If anyone is interested, I can get you some more information. Here's the website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2010 10:20PM by Dave.
avatar Re: Miami Mountain Fire Lookout....
March 31, 2010 11:53AM
As much as I would like to it's too long a commute. I would like to relocate to Mariposa but can't get a note from my wife!
March 31, 2010 11:54AM
tomdisco
As much as I would like to it's too long a commute.

I was thinking the same.
March 31, 2010 11:58AM
eeek
tomdisco

I was thinking the same.

You don't have a 3,000 mile commute. What's your excuse? smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley
March 31, 2010 12:41PM
tomdisco
eeek
tomdisco

I was thinking the same.

You don't have a 3,000 mile commute. What's your excuse? smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

It's at least a six hour drive for me. While not 3000 miles, it's still too far.
March 31, 2010 12:54PM
tomdisco
As much as I would like to it's too long a commute. I would like to relocate to Mariposa but can't get a note from my wife!

You could arrange it so that you do a week in the tower. There's a bed, fridge, TV, computer, and fantastic views. Oh.... the outhouse is about 50 from the tower. You could go to Oakhurst for food, water, and a movie in the evening. It would be a very quiet, relaxing, vacation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login