Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: In-N-Out Burger Heads To Dallas, Texas

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar In-N-Out Burger Heads To Dallas, Texas
May 26, 2010 04:12PM
avatar Re: In-N-Out Burger Heads To Dallas, Texas
May 26, 2010 07:08PM
I find it hard to muster any sympathy for Texas.... but In-N-Out burgers are the worst ever made. The meat is like shredded cardboard mixed with dirt and their fries are like toenail clippings.
May 26, 2010 10:48PM
Dave
I find it hard to muster any sympathy for Texas.... but In-N-Out burgers are the worst ever made. The meat is like shredded cardboard mixed with dirt and their fries are like toenail clippings.

I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I think it's fine as far as fast food burgers go. I like how they don't hide what they do, including making the fries from scratch. Still - I watch the kid cutting the fries with this heavy duty dicer and wonder how often someone, somewhere accidentally catches a finger in that contraption.

Still - my favorite burger in the Bay Area is at Fog City Diner in San Francisco. After years of hearing about Barney's Hamburgers but never trying it out, I found it to be rather disappointing.
May 27, 2010 07:31PM
y_p_w
I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I think it's fine as far as fast food burgers go. I like how they don't hide what they do, including making the fries from scratch. Still - I watch the kid cutting the fries with this heavy duty dicer and wonder how often someone, somewhere accidentally catches a finger in that contraption.
They should hide what they're doing. They ruin those fresh fries some how.

Still - my favorite burger in the Bay Area is at Fog City Diner in San Francisco. After years of hearing about Barney's Hamburgers but never trying it out, I found it to be rather disappointing.

I got spoiled by Val's in Hayward on Kelly Street. They got fries!
May 27, 2010 07:39PM
Dave
They ruin those fresh fries some how.

There are lots of people that don't agree with you on that.
May 27, 2010 09:00PM
eeek
Dave

I am aware that some people like fries that taste like toenail clippings. I can't understand why.
Some people like eggplant. I can't understand why.

All I can say is that the 3 times I've eaten at an In-N-Out I've been very disappointed at the quality and the taste of the food.

Although they do make the Burger King in Mariposa look good. Stay away from that place. IF they get your order right; the sandwich is cold and the soda is warm. Go to Happy Burger instead. For a few bucks more you get much better food.
May 27, 2010 11:24PM
Dave
I am aware that some people like fries that taste like toenail clippings. I can't understand why.

Maybe all your taste is in your mouth. They taste like potato to me.
May 27, 2010 11:05PM
eeek
Dave

What In-N-Out does with their fries is pretty basic. Peel potatoes, cut them in the dicer, and rinse them off (otherwise they're more likely to stick together when deep fried). No freezing, no sugar (that's what the secret to most fast food fries), no heat lamps, and no assorted flavorings. I've heard of assorted flavorings used including beef extract and fish semen. When my (Hindu) Indian roommate found out that McDonald's fries contained beef extract, he swore it off completely.

I also like that they're willing to cook to order if you ask. Some ask for extra light, but I like extra crispy. They'll give it a little bit longer and it gets a potato chip like crunch.
May 28, 2010 12:15AM
Fish semen? This might explain something I discovered at Nicely's in Lee Vining. Their hash browns taste fishy.
May 28, 2010 03:30PM
tomdisco
Fish semen? This might explain something I discovered at Nicely's in Lee Vining. Their hash browns taste fishy.

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lattume

Il lattume รจ un prodotto ittico tipico siciliano e sardo impiegato nella cucina locale. Il lattume si ottiene dalla lavorazione delle gonadi del tonno maschio, che vengono poi messe sotto olio d'oliva.

Run it through Google Translate.....

http://translate.google.com/#auto|en|Il%20lattume%20%C3%A8%20un%20prodotto%20ittico%20tipico%20siciliano%20e%20sardo%20impiegato%20nella%20cucina%20locale.%20Il%20lattume%20si%20ottiene%20dalla%20lavorazione%20delle%20gonadi%20del%20tonno%20maschio%2C%20che%20vengono%20poi%20messe%20sotto%20olio%20d%27oliva.

The lattume is a fish product used in typical Sicilian and Sardinian cuisine. The lattume is obtained from the gonads of male tuna, which are then put under olive oil.

http://www.siciliana.it/tutto/mysicily/Pagine/recipes/fish3.html

Fried tuna "Lattume" (tuna semen) - Lattume fritto

Ingredients for 4 servings

1.7 lbs of cleaned tuna lattume (tuna semen), flour, 3 medium lemons, extra virgin olive oil,
salt TT.

Preparation
Cut the lattume in slices and flour them adding salt, then fry in plenty of hot oil. Once browned strain and serve with lemon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login