Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Trails.com

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 23, 2007 03:20PM
I was wondering if anyone was a member of trails.com? If so, is it worth joining? Or can you find most things floating around the internet for free?
Thanks!

Dan
July 23, 2007 04:21PM
Dan-O wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone was a member of trails.com? If so, is
> it worth joining? Or can you find most things floating around
> the internet for free?

I've looked at it, but charging for their service seems a bit much.

July 23, 2007 04:45PM
eeek wrote:
>
> I've looked at it, but charging for their service seems a bit
> much.
>

Thats what I was thinking!

Thanks eeek for always being there!!

Dan
Re: Trails.com
July 23, 2007 08:57PM
Dan-O wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone was a member of trails.com? If so, is
> it worth joining? Or can you find most things floating around
> the internet for free?
> Thanks!
>

I had a 3-month trial that came with a GPS unit. It's a nice site, but I tend to buy hiking books of areas that I'm interested in, so most of the hikes I looked at, I already had in a book. The downloadable hikes are directly from the books.

They have topo maps, but again I tend to already have those for areas of interest. If you don't have the books or the maps, it might be an OK site. You can search out info in other places on the web, but having it all consolidated is nice.

You can always try the free trial...just be sure to set yourself a reminder to cancel, or you'll be automatically billed for the first year when the trial expires. Canceling is easy, as long as you remember.

It's nice for browsing suggested hikes in an area, but you can do that without joining.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login