Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Beware of invisible cows

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 15, 2010 01:26PM
I've had encounters with such cows in the Sierra:

http://www.petting-zoo.org/HVCows.html
avatar Re: Beware of invisible cows
July 15, 2010 02:03PM
I find it hard to believe driving that road would violate a car rental agreement. The damage is covered under one's personal insurance under the category of Comprehensive Physical Damage. I know that from last year in Yosemite. Mine was one of those broad daylight invisible deer!
July 16, 2010 04:09PM
tomdisco
I find it hard to believe driving that road would violate a car rental agreement. The damage is covered under one's personal insurance under the category of Comprehensive Physical Damage. I know that from last year in Yosemite. Mine was one of those broad daylight invisible deer!

http://www.gb-adventures.com/rental_agreement.htm

ROAD RESTRICTIONS: Mauna Kea Summit, Mauna Loa, Saddle Road, Green Sands Beach, and Waipio Valley are off limits. NO Off Roading or driving on unpaved Lava Rock type roads. Lessor is responsible for all damage to vehicle, tires, towing charges, expenses incurred as a result of a breakdown associated with operating in these areas. Lessor is responsible for all parking or moving violations during rental term.

Saddle Road was noted. My understanding is that it's vastly improved over the years where quite of a bit is modern pavement wide enough for traffic to safely cross in both directions. However - quite a bit of it is still in pretty bad shape. It sort of meanders across the landscape without a lot of regrading to make it smoother. I think the state and federal government are working on improvements. The feds are concerned since they've got a lot of traffic going to the Army facilities there.

July 15, 2010 03:11PM
Bovine Dark Matter???
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Matter)
July 15, 2010 03:38PM
I rather dislike invisible snakes and invisible dogs, too. Also invisible skunks. Whew!
July 15, 2010 03:48PM
AlmostThere
I rather dislike invisible snakes and invisible dogs, too. Also invisible skunks. Whew!

But you're ok with invisible porcupines?
July 15, 2010 06:04PM
Only porcy I've encountered was visible. He's still next to the side of the road on the way up to the Big Stump entrance of SEKI. sad smiley
July 15, 2010 09:42PM
During the daytime porcupines will mostlikely be in a tree.
July 16, 2010 08:23AM
Unless they have x's for eyes.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login