Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: One Dead, One Injured In Head-On Accident In Yellowstone

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar One Dead, One Injured In Head-On Accident In Yellowstone
July 15, 2010 02:12PM
A Minnesota man is dead and a young girl hospitalized after a head-on accident Wednesday afternoon in Yellowstone National Park.

42-year-old Dale Payne, Jr., was northbound between Norris and Mammoth Hot Springs about 2 o’clock Wednesday afternoon, when his motorcycle crossed the centerline near the Grizzly Lake Trailhead. Payne’s 2000 Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic motorcycle collided head-on with a southbound motor home. The Burtrum, Minnesota man was killed instantly.

A young girl riding who was riding in a sidecar attached to the motorcycle was thrown clear by the impact and was injured. The girl was taken by an Air Idaho Rescue helicopter to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls, where she was last reported in stable condition.

Investigators are still trying to determine if Payne was wearing a helmet which was found at the scene. The injured girl was wearing a helmet.

This is the second fatal motorcycle accident in the park this summer.
avatar Re: One Dead, One Injured In Head-On Accident In Yellowstone
July 15, 2010 02:32PM
What's today?? Idiot post day??

Old Dude
July 15, 2010 02:37PM
mrcondron
What's today?? Idiot post day??

It's posting about dead idiots in National Parks day.
July 15, 2010 02:46PM
Oh? We have those?

Old Dude
July 18, 2010 09:09AM
Idiot is a bit harsh, don't you think? There's no information to indicate he was driving recklessly. With a sidecar, I doubt he was driving the way crotch rocket kids do. The guy's dead, remember that part?
July 18, 2010 09:22AM
No I don't. I agree thought that it is sad that there are often innocent victims but I also believe that every accident involves a large dose of idiocy as it's cause.

Old Dude
July 18, 2010 07:46PM
hotrod4x5
There's no information to indicate he was driving recklessly.

I'd say this qualifies: his motorcycle crossed the centerline
July 18, 2010 08:28PM
Perhaps. Then again, I have crossed the center line accidentally on my bike when I was doing nothing more than going around a sharp curve. I was inexperienced and didn't lean over enough to negotiate the turn. Accidents happen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login