Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mosquitos

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 06, 2007 06:24PM
Saturday my hiking buddy, Dale, and I hiked from the Elizabeth Lake trailhead to Elizabeth Lake where we ate lunch, then cross country to Nelson lake and had dinner. We spent the night there and then went cross country to Matthes Lake and had lunch. We cross countried to Echo Lake for afternoon tea and then went on to Upper Cathedral Lake for dinner. We stayed over for the night there and the next morning CCed to Budd Lake and then back down to the cars cross country to the end of the Cathedral Lakes trail. In those three days neither of us saw even one mosquito even though we spent time at some meadows and by several lakes. The things are dead for the season.

Old Dude
August 06, 2007 10:21PM
That's good news. I wouldn't be sad if they never appeared again winking smiley

August 08, 2007 05:51AM
You're such a hater! Mosquitos are just part of the food chain. Or something. Heh.
August 08, 2007 07:45AM
I don't like them using me as part of their food chain.
August 06, 2007 10:51PM
NW Nevada just came up with its first case of WNV this week, must be all the water puddles through the Carson Valley, though come to think of that, the Carson River is poisoned with Mercury and other slag...OK, it's California's fault. No, Bush's. No, Hillary's.
August 07, 2007 01:57AM
In TM there are just a lot of nats and other bugs at dusk. I don't think I got one mosquito bit and I never used bug spray.
August 08, 2007 05:42AM
'No mosquitoes' makes me happy. We are going to TM on Monday, and my wife wasn't going to be happy with swarms of mosquitoes. I had posted about a month ago, asking about mosquito repellent. Thanks for all of your tips.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login