All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

WiFi at Curry
August 24, 2010 09:51PM
When we were camping at Upper Pines last fall, we were told they were going to install WiFi at Curry. Has that happened? That'll save us the trip to the Yosemite lodge cafeteria.
Re: WiFi at Curry
September 02, 2010 09:38AM
There is WiFi in the Common Room just opposite the cafeteria. No charge for it.
September 12, 2010 02:56PM
Now that I am at Curry I can answer my own question. It is free but the number of logins is limited. We've waited up to an hour to get on. I ran the DSL Report speed test and got 156 down and 326 up. I tried another time and the page wouldn't even load. The Lodge used to charge $7.95 for 7 days. Now they are asking $5.95 a day.

For the purists, I don't spend all of time up here on line. Wednesday I hiked Half Dome on a cold windy day, up/down the JMT in 8:18. Yesterday up the 4-mile trail to Glacier Point, Sentinel Dome, Taft Point and back down in 7:25 (18.6 miles from shuttle stop 7 and back). Went by the radio building and located the Sentinel Dome webcam (under the eave on the north side of the building for those who are interested). They use a microwave link to the west to connect to the outside. I did that kind of stuff in the Army Signal Corp in Nam 40 years ago.
December 26, 2010 09:58AM
I had no signal at all in the Curry lounge, wonder if they turned it off. Hmmm, wish I had seen this thread before going, because I would have asked at the desk.
December 27, 2010 02:35PM
We were back camping at Upper Pines in front of Thanksgiving and the Curry WiFi was still up then. You should ask at the Curry registration desk for help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login