Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Missing woman found dead

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 14, 2007 04:14PM
Found her in Echo Creek drainage.

http://www.yubanet.com/artman/publish/article_63350.shtml

The search for a missing woman in Yosemite National Park ended on Tuesday, August 14, 2007 when her body was located in the Echo Creek drainage, a rugged wilderness area southwest of Tuolumne Meadows.

Ottorina Bonaventura, 80, was reported missing by friends when she failed to return to the Vogelsang High Sierra Camp after a day-hike on Jul 30, 2007. Over 150 searchers from counties throughout California, the National Park Service, and DNC Parks and Resorts in Yosemite, Inc. participated in the search effort. Dog teams and helicopters were used as well.

The cause of death is still under investigation.
Re: Missing woman found dead
September 15, 2007 02:32PM
Where is the Echo Creek drainage? I was at Vogelsang about a week after she was found (very sad event).

Post Edited (09-15-07 20:46)

Tom
avatar Re: Missing woman found dead
September 16, 2007 10:41PM
It's south and between Vogelsang and Sunrise HSC's.
I believe this lady was on a day hike to the Merced Lake area. I think she got confused and took the route to the Sunrise HSC which may have led her into the Echo Lake drainage.

Old Dude
Re: Missing woman found dead
September 17, 2007 01:49AM
did they find out how she died?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login