Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Montana woman fends off bear attack with zucchini

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Montana woman fends off bear attack with zucchini
September 23, 2010 08:45PM
HELENA, MONT. — A Montana woman fended off a bear trying to muscle its way into her home Thursday by pelting the animal with a large piece of zucchini from her garden. The woman suffered minor scratches and one of her dogs was wounded after tussling with the 200-pound bear.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100923/NEWS03/100923041/1263/RSS
avatar Re: Montana woman fends off bear attack with zucchini
September 24, 2010 06:37AM
I'm more impressed with the 14' Zuccini. Never seen one that large in any store, at least in the East.
September 24, 2010 08:29AM
tomdisco
I'm more impressed with the 14' Zuccini. Never seen one that large in any store, at least in the East.

Perhaps these can also be employed to fend off the NRA wackos.
(Using them as mortar ammunition for that purpose would be poetic justice.)
Re: Montana woman fends off bear attack with zucchini
September 24, 2010 08:52AM
Dang, that's a small zucchini - was my first thought. But then, people don't believe we have grapefruit as big as your head, either. California backyards produce some weird results. Might be all the air pollutants causing mutant fruit. My friend's lemon tree (about a hundred years old, she has a house on the local register of historical homes) has lemons that are big as footballs.

When I was a kid we had zukes in our garden - the plants would get huge and then the zukes would hide out in the leaves until they got huge and tough. Once in a while they got bigger around and almost as long as my baseball bat. Never thought of using them on bears, or anything else.... Bet that bear got a real knock on the noggin, those things are pretty dense.
September 24, 2010 12:04PM
tomdisco

You don't see them in stores because they aren't good to eat when they get that big. Pick them while small.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login