Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Are the Bodie Hills wilderness or not?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Are the Bodie Hills wilderness or not?
September 30, 2010 04:29PM
[iA proposed bill to remove the Bodie Hills from its status as potential wilderness brought Eastern Sierra residents on both side of the issue out of the woodwork Tuesday. More than 50 people piled into the county courthouse to have their say. At stake was a resolution brought to the county supervisors by District 4 Supervisor Bob Peters that asked the supervisors to support a bill to take the Bodie Hills (behind Bodie State Park) out of its current, semi-protected status as a Wilderness Study Area (WSA).][/i]

http://www.mammothtimes.com/content/are-bodie-hills-wilderness-or-not
avatar Re: Are the Bodie Hills wilderness or not?
October 02, 2010 02:45PM
They want to remove it from protection so it can be mined and it appears this has support of Mono citizens who need jobs. In adjacent Aurora (NV, BLM) is a large open pit working gold mine.
October 03, 2010 06:37PM
Vince
They want to remove it from protection so it can be mined and it appears this has support of Mono citizens who need jobs. In adjacent Aurora (NV, BLM) is a large open pit working gold mine.

The world has all the gold it'll ever need for uses other than hoarding. Why mine more?
October 03, 2010 09:57PM
$1,300 an ounce! The mines in NV produce it for about $300/oz. Not to mention many other metals (mainly silver) of value in manufacturing. It would be nice if they didn't mine with open pits, though.
October 04, 2010 11:55AM
Vince
$1,300 an ounce!

You missed the point.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login