Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Park Ranger experience

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 18, 2007 08:49PM
as my adult son and i were coming out of Glacier Point at about 9:45pm friday night (about 10 miles towards the valley), a park ranger had his lights on and had stopped all traffic.. he came up to my window and asked me where i was coming from, i told him Glacier Point. he asked me if i had been hiking at all and i told him no, that we only went to Glacier Point. he asked me a second time.... i asked him what the problem was and he said two young women were missing. i told him he was more than welcome (and had my permission) to search my vehicle (i have a Honda Element, and it was loaded with camping gear etc). he told me it was ok and to go ahead... as i was leaving, i told my son, "that wasn't too sharp of him passing up my offer. what if someone did have them in their car hidden?!!! not to smart imo".

i can't imagine (as a parent) having my child missing like that!!!! i hope they showed up or were found.
avatar Re: Park Ranger experience
August 18, 2007 09:03PM
It sounds like they weren't thinking there was any foul play, but stopping people who might have seen them for clues to their whereabouts.

Post Edited (08-18-07 23:03)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login