Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Full

nordvpn

Advanced

Re: Ranger Dick

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Ranger Dick
August 24, 2007 03:38PM
Back in the 80's and 90's he was well known around TM. Sort of reminded me of Billy Crystal in a way. At least his accent. He showed up in a "California Gold" segment awhile ago He would host the campfires at TM, and always got us laughing. He was also on many hikes throughout TM.
Just wonder if anybody else has seen him around.

Dave
September 17, 2007 08:12AM
Wow! You know Ranger Dick too! No, we did not see him this year on our summer trip. We were disappointed that he was not giving the sunset talk at Glacier Point. He had been doing it for years as well as the other hikes you mentioned. We hope that he was just on vacation and will return. Yes, he reminds us of Billy Crystal as well. Very good personality and brought us laughs as well. He is many of our pics throughout the years. Hope there is some news of his whereabouts.
October 07, 2007 07:07PM
Looks like Ranger Dick is still at Yosemite. He was mentioned in my local
paper. An article about fall colors in Yosemite. Best viewed out by Lee Vining. I think it's the same ranger, Dick Ewart. A ranger for 31 years at
Yosemite. Imagine that. Great environment to put in a days work.

Dave

Dave
October 07, 2007 07:20PM
Anybody remember Ferdinand?

October 07, 2007 09:31PM
I do. He was stationed at Tioga for a number of years and then to Hetch Hetchy maybe five plus years ago. I recall that he died not too long after the transfer to Hetch Hetchy. He was quite a talker.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login