All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar San Francisco Not Among Most Walkable Cities
November 26, 2010 06:03PM
Ten Most Walkable Cities

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: San Francisco Not Among Most Walkable Cities
November 28, 2010 06:49AM
Guess they were trying to be equitable on a worldly scale. I agree it's a surprise. San Francisco is one of the greatest cites for walking, day or night. It was a long time ago but I remember walking the the long avenue that heads towards the waterfront (forgot its name) and discovered all the neighborhood bars. I'm not really a bar hopper but found many of them to be pleasant neighborhood gathering places and some had small stages where anybody could display their musical talents impromtu. Some of these have probably become coffee rooms since then, which was the early 70's. I've only been back once in the early 2000's but that was only to Chinatown with family. Never really thought of San Francisco as a city, just a very big interesting town.

As for NYC, I'll pass. It's just exhausting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login