All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Highway 50 shoe tree cut down
December 31, 2010 09:29PM
I guess some vandals cut down Highway 50 shoe tree near Middlegate, NV. Or maybe it was NDOT. No one seems to know for sure. I had a pair of old tennies up there, I miss them so sad smiley

avatar Re: Highway 50 shoe tree cut down
January 01, 2011 02:18AM
Perhaps it first succumbed to asphyxiation.
January 04, 2011 04:30PM
It's true!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110104/us_yblog_thelookout/famous-shoe-tree-chopped-down-by-dastardly-vandals

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
January 04, 2011 05:47PM
Story dated today and there are more than 1500 comments! Must have touched a nerve or stirred some latent American shoe fetish.
There are many "shoe trees" spread around the country-- what a strange ritual. Wonder how/why this behavior started and what the earliest recorded "shoe tree" was. Presumably started sometime after shoe laces were invented.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
January 04, 2011 06:06PM
Another pathetic example of mankind not beeing able to leave well enough alone; he has to add his own abomination to mar the beauty of nature!

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login