Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Ticks Don't Come Out In The Wash

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Ticks Don't Come Out In The Wash
October 07, 2007 04:18PM
avatar Re: Ticks Don't Come Out In The Wash
October 07, 2007 08:01PM
Me and my lil brother were hiking up Hotel Creek in Kings Canyon around 2000 or so, he wanted to get a pic of me with the high sierra behind when we were near the overlook, so he laid on his back in the manzanita up near the top, got the pic, we hung out at the overlook for a while, later when we get back to Sentinel campground he gets itchy and yep, he finds a tick in his sweatshirt. He put it on the picnic table and I doused it with DEET and all it did was swim around and crawl out and didn't die till I smacked it with the broadside of a pocket knife.

(edited part here)
Don't tell anyone I gave you this link, don't want RIAA coming after me, so this link is strictly FYI purposes, not for trading. Ripped it from the Dr. Demento show from a couple weeks ago. http://www.hikeofyourlife.com/media/Check-for-Ticks.mp3

Post Edited (10-07-07 22:15)
October 07, 2007 09:43PM
DEET isn't an insecticide. So I'm not surprised that the tick didn't die.

October 07, 2007 10:45PM
DEET also is not going to keep mosquitoes or ticks off of you but it will keep them from biting.

Old Dude
Re: Ticks Don't Come Out In The Wash
October 10, 2007 05:11AM
I really enjoyed the "check you for ticks" song.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login