All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 27, 2007 05:01PM
i went camping with my son last night and stayed most of the day today, i just got home a couple of hours ago. the Valley roads are all messed up imo (roads re-routed, blocked off etc)...

there were 8 climbers on El Capitan (3 different groups)... i watched one group reach the top (that must be such a thrill!!)

we walked this morning to the base of El Capitan to see what it looks like up close to a climber... pretty scary, but not as scary as i imagined (unless of course i actually climbed it, i might feel much different lol).

the fall colors were still very pretty, but i think they're on their last leg, i bet another week or so it'll be very different..

the weather was wonderful!!! cloudy, but still very nice.

i was surprised to see that they cables were taken down on Half Dome in such good weather, but i guess there is always the chance of lightening strikes this time of year.

the crowds were no problem... busier than i expected, but you still could find a parking spot just about any where.

there was a full moon last night... at midnight, my son stood up around the camp fire and said "look dad", and as i looked, it was soooooo light from the moon, that we could see a shadow from him on the ground. lol

i'll post a few photos later.
Re: My trip yesterday
October 27, 2007 07:41PM
thanks for the trip report . . . look forward to the pics
October 28, 2007 10:13AM
El Capitan - October 27, 2007

October 28, 2007 10:18AM
October 28, 2007 10:38AM
November 01, 2007 03:51PM
Beautiful pictures. I love the fall colors.
October 30, 2007 10:19AM
That El Capitan photo is stratospherically cool.
October 30, 2007 03:36PM
I'm going to head to Yosemite this Thursday. Hope the leaves hold until then.

October 30, 2007 07:14PM
sierranomad wrote:

> I'm going to head to Yosemite this Thursday. Hope the leaves
> hold until then.
>
There was supposed to be some significant rain on Tuesday (today) but it never materialized, so I think you may be in luck. Last Friday when I left, there was plenty of color, with some maples still showing a touch of green; and the oaks and dogwoods still had lots of leaves and color. You may hit it just right, have a good trip!

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
October 30, 2007 09:59PM
Thanks! I'll post a picture or two, if I get some good shots.

November 02, 2007 06:53PM
I'd say the leaves were at/near peak yesterday. A few trees were bare, others still had some green. If you've been thinking about seeing the fall colors they should still be looking good for another few days/week.

BTW, can anyone tell me how to post images on this forum?

November 05, 2007 06:27PM
Hetch Hetchy
November 05, 2007 10:04PM
Without that much water:

November 06, 2007 11:33AM
YIKES lolol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login