Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

first come first serve campgrounds

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

first come first serve campgrounds
July 21, 2003 07:06PM
<HTML>I am planning to visit Yosemite from Aug 1-3. I understand that all campgrounds are already reserved. But, I think there are a few first come first server campgrounds. We plan to hike the Half Dome on Aug 2, so can someone recommend a campground? We can get there really early in the morning on Aug 1 to make sure that we get a campground. Thanks for any help.</HTML>
avatar Re: first come first serve campgrounds
July 23, 2003 02:06PM
<HTML>Try White Wolf or Porcupine flat. They fill up early on Fridays so get there early.</HTML>

<HTML>the best kept secret in the valley is the backpacker campground. ask specifically for info at the wilderness center. It is accessed from the north pines campground loop via a footbridge. I've never seen it full. It is quiet, smokeless with a beautiful carpet of fresh pine needle to sleep under. You may use it if you have a wilderness permit the day before your trip and the day after. It is $5 per person per night. You can off load your gear at the turnout for the campground and then must park your vehicle at the backpacker parking lot. Good luck and keep this a secret!</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login