Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Man Arrested For Blowing Up Restroom

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Man Arrested For Blowing Up Restroom
May 03, 2011 12:31PM
Saint Croix National Scenic River (WI)
Man Arrested For Blowing Up Restroom

On March 9th, the park received a report of vandalism at Old Railroad Landing, a remote camping, trail and boat launch area. Upon investigation, it was determined that the specially constructed, flood-proof restroom facility had been destroyed by what appeared to have been a bomb. Ranger Rod Turner (lead investigator) coordinated a multi-agency investigation team that included the Chisago County Sheriff's Office and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Evidence painstakingly collected and documented at the scene indicated that the explosive device was a PVC pipe bomb, and, through forensic analysis, a suspect was identified. Further investigation and subsequent search warrants and subpoenas revealed that the suspect, Travis Chinander, had purchased the material to construct the bomb at local stores. Chinander was arrested on state felony charges and is awaiting federal charges. The investigation continues but no specific reason for the bombing has yet been identified. Replacement costs for the facility are estimated at over $60,000.
avatar Re: Man Arrested For Blowing Up Restroom
May 03, 2011 01:04PM
Why in the world would someone blow up a restroom?
May 03, 2011 01:19PM
itchbay

They don't know that yet.
May 03, 2011 05:59PM
itchbay

Practicing for something more important?
May 03, 2011 02:51PM
I've heard of shit hitting the fan but this is ridiculous!
May 03, 2011 03:08PM
Maybe he was really pissed.
May 04, 2011 12:58AM
In the summer of 1969, I was working in what I believe is Lower Pines campground (Camp 14?) when a frantic visitor came running out of a bathroom while pulling up his pants. There was a black cloud of smoke coming from the bathroom, and my campground maintenance colleagues and I entered the bathroom to see what had happened. We saw the porcelain "throne" broken in several pieces and the black plastic toilet seat still on fire. It was later learned that someone had poured Coleman fuel in the toilet, and the next person to use the toilet lit his pipe and threw the match in the toilet - Kaboom! Fortunately no injuries, but one shook park visitor.

As for the man in Wisconsin, I do believe he's going to find out that US Federal District judges are not known for their sense of humor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login