All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar A Renewable Twist on Fossil Fuels
May 07, 2011 09:03PM
ScienceDaily (May 5, 2011) — Pulling valuable fuels out of thin air? It sounds like magic, but Joel Rosenthal, a chemist at the University of Delaware, is working to transform carbon dioxide (CO2), a greenhouse gas in the atmosphere, into gas for your car and clean-energy future fuels.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110505162938.htm
avatar Re: A Renewable Twist on Fossil Fuels
May 08, 2011 02:23PM
As our resident chemist what do you think, Len? Can you conceive this as economical?
May 08, 2011 06:10PM
tomdisco
As our resident chemist what do you think, Len? Can you conceive this as economical?

You want me to comment on the eventual commercial viability of a proposed research project that has produced no stated results to date (none being referenced in the article or on the group's UD website)?

You have obviously mistaken me for a registered Republican.
May 08, 2011 06:27PM
Okay, then comment on this technology:

May 08, 2011 07:08PM
In 1956 crude was priced at around $2.50 a barrel or about $25 a barrel in today's money.

Dr. Z, I thought all one had to do was take a bunch of molecules that had carbon and oxygen in them apart and put them back together again in a different ratio and you could get all kinds of useful stuff like carbon trioxide or bicarbonate oxide.

Old Dude

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2011 07:10PM by mrcondron.
May 08, 2011 07:37PM
eeek
Okay, then comment on this technology:

The non-infinite pale blue dot:

May 09, 2011 11:23AM
szalkowski
tomdisco

You want me to comment on the eventual commercial viability of a proposed research project that has produced no stated results to date (none being referenced in the article or on the group's UD website)?

You have obviously mistaken me for a registered Republican.

I would never insult you by mistaking you for one of those. Just answer Mike's question. He asked the same stupid question I did but with greater clarity.Rolling on floor laugh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login