All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Kayak Tenaya Lake
August 11, 2003 08:24AM
<HTML>Hi. Can a person kayak Tenaya Lake without much trouble. I mean can I park next to the lake and easily launch a kayak? Thanks. Can I also ask this question for Tioga Lake.</HTML>
August 11, 2003 01:25PM
<HTML>You shouldn't have any trouble.</HTML>

Re: Kayak Tenaya Lake
November 18, 2003 04:43PM
<HTML>What about the Valley Floor. I'd love to kayak along the Merced stream as indicated by what some rafters love doing.

I am concerned about lugging a 50 pound kayak as I will go by myself. Do you know if the Raft Rental place provides transportation from the Swinging Bridge downstream back up to Stonemans Bridge (parking)

I plan on going this next July 12-16 with a couple days up at Tuolomne Meadows camping, and kayaking on Tenaya Lake.</HTML>
November 19, 2003 02:23PM
Re: Kayak Tenaya Lake
November 19, 2003 04:20PM
<HTML>Hi Rick. I have been thinking about my trip this next July 2004, and am not sure if I should just camp in the valley floor for my 4 night trip. Initially I was thinking 2 nights valley, 2 nights Tuolumne Meadows. This trip is being composed so that I can kayak along the valley floor one day, but to also include Tenaya Lake on another.

In your opinion, would you stay in the valley, and just drive the 1 1/2 hours to Tenaya Lake, kayak, and return, or would you pack up after 2 days in the valley and head for the campground in Tuolumne i.e. 2 nights valley, 2 nights Tuolumne.

Appreciate your input.</HTML>
November 20, 2003 12:35PM
<HTML>In my opinion the Valley is a bad place to stay in July; it is crowded and hot. I'd definately stay in the high country and drive to the Valley if needed.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login