All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Odd behavior on forum pages?
May 21, 2011 04:33AM
Has anyone else had this issue? I find that off and on for the last week or two, when I check for new messages on the board, most or all of the topics will be highlighted as having new messages and then, when I go in to the individual topic, there's nothing marked as new. FYI, the posting times on the messages aren't changing so that's not causing it. I thought it might be losing track of my last login time but sometimes (like just now), the General Discussion topic is behaving normally (i.e., only highlighting genuinely new topics and new messages) but the Yosemite forum has EVERY topic highlighted and, in the couple that I dove in to, I found that every message was marked as new). The home page shows the Yosemite forum as having 632 new messages since I last checked 10 hours ago!
This is only a minor annoyance (since the timestamps on the topics are accurate, I can pretty much figure out which ones have genuinely new posts) but I do try to at least skim every new post on the board on so this does slow me down a bit.

Is this just me or is anyone else seeing this (FWIW, it seems to be worse on the Yosemite forum rather than the General Discussion but then, that's the one that typically gets the majority of the postings)?

--David
avatar Re: Odd behavior on forum pages?
May 21, 2011 06:43AM
eeek will fix all.

Old Dude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2011 06:43AM by mrcondron.
May 21, 2011 08:39AM
The abberation that I have noticed is the sometimes new posts won't be enumerated on the main forum list page but show up when accessing the message list on that forum.

This has mostly been happening on the Y&SN.N&D forum and specifically the "Scalper ads for flagging" thread. (No new posts show on the forum list page, but the thread is highlighted on the message list page and new entries have indeed been posted.)
May 21, 2011 11:57AM
That's a known bug. The Recent messages link at the top right works.
May 21, 2011 12:21PM
I've been deleting posts from the flagging thread. I suspect that is what is causing the problem. Try marking the forum as read and let me know if that fixes things.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login